The iSportConnect Sports Tech Index (powered by SportsTech Match) was launched in March 2023. It helps rights owners and investors quickly assess who is “hot” from a product and new business perspective and provides sports tech companies with an incentive to focus their PR announcements on what matters. Those companies performing best from a customer satisfaction perspective will be awarded the most points.
How Points Are Allocated:
Vendors are awarded points based on the official announcements they (or their customers) make in the following 4 areas:
New Product / Feature — 10 Points Per New Product / Feature
- The product or feature has to be considered as new / significant and have a use case in sport. Maintenance, updated versions and bug fixes will not generate points.
- A new / significant product or feature resulting from a company acquisition or product integration between two vendors, will be awarded points.
New Business Wins — 50 Points Per Win
- New business wins must relate to the delivery of a sports use case to the customer and will be allocated points when the deal is announced.
Customer Renewals — 100 Points Per Renewal
- Customer renewals include any renewal of a contract by a customer (or an increase in the scope of services delivered to the customer).
Customer Ratings — 75 Points Per 4 Star Rating & 100 Points Per 5 Star Rating
- SportsTech Match has introduced a 5 point rating system open to all sports tech vendors (where 1 = Very Dissatisfied and 5 = Very Satisfied). Points will be allocated for a rating of 4 or 5 out of 5.
- Any subsequent ratings of a product by the same customer within 12 months will not generate points towards the Index.
The points assigned to a company’s activity depreciate in value every quarter by 25% until, after 12 months, the activity no longer registers any points towards the Index.
Click here to see all editions of the iSportConnect Sports Tech Index published so far.
To share your ideas on how we can evolve the Index, to share your announcements and/or to start collecting customer reviews and ratings contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To find out more about iSportConnect contact email@example.com.